- Salary: £13.06 – £13.20 Per Hour
- Full Time Permanent
- Aberdeen, Aberdeen City
- Catering And Hospitality
Pertemps are currently recruiting for a Cook with a passion for cooking to join our client within the care sector based in Aberdeen.
Hours: Monday- Friday 38.5hrs per week
Pay: £13.06-13.20 DOE
Immediate start available
The Successful applicant will prepare and serve nutritionally balanced and attractively presented meals and snacks to reflect he individual needs and requests of the service user.
They will ensure a high standard of hygiene and safety in the catering area and promote service user
participation in the life of the home.
1. To plan the menus subject to agreement with the Unit Manager, in order to provide varied and
interesting meals and snacks for service users and staff.
2. To cater, where necessary, for any special diets, consulting with service users on their
preferences and providing a choice of menu.
3. To incorporate and make the best use of fresh vegetables and fruit in the diet of service users.
4. To maintain a check and control of food stocks and be responsible for the ordering of stores
5. To prepare, cook and serve meals, also to clear and wash up with the assistance of other staff,
6. To prepare “home baking” to reflect the service users wishes.
7. In agreement and consultation with the care staff, encourage therapeutic participation by
service users in food preparation in line with Health and Safety guidelines.
8. To comply with Health and Safety requirements in the kitchen and other catering areas.
9. To ensure all aspects of current health and hygiene legislation are adhered to.
10.To be responsible to the Unit Manager for budgetary control.
11.To be involved in the life of the Unit and cater for special occasions such as parties and
12.To supervise and help train other catering staff in catering duties.
13.To participate in staff meetings and in training activities as and when required.
14.To undertake any other duties as may reasonably befall within the parameters of the post as
requested by the Unit Manager or appropriate Team Leader.
Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure Scotland PVG check through Pertemps. For new applicants a payment of £59 will be due, for existing members an update of £18
- Owen Palfrey
- [email protected]
- Division 601
The opportunities that we put here spontaneously are freely available to you.
If you feel more comfortable we also make available from the telegram