- Street Sweeper
- Salary : £12.27 Per Hour
- Full Time Temporary
- Harrow, Greater London
- Public Sector And Council
Job Title: Street Sweeper
Location: Harrow Council
Employer: Pertemps Recruitment for Harrow Council
Contract Type: Temporary Assignment
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
A fantastic opportunity within Harrow Council for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join the team as a Street Sweeper. The role of Street Sweeper has a competitive pay rate of £12.27 per hour. Other benefits include excellent training and support for career development and 21 days holiday (excluding Bank Holidays).
The Main Purpose of a Street Sweeper:
- The delivery of a safe and efficient street cleansing service.
- Both programmed and responsive cleansing requirements, including sweeping and litter picking of designated areas of highway, public bin emptying, cleansing of carparks, collection of fly tipped waste and cleansing of Council parks, open spaces and play areas
- Having good communication skills, combined with a pro-active and flexible approach to duties
- Erection/dismantling of market stalls and seasonal work such as gritting activities and leaf clearance
About you, the successful Street Sweeper will have:
- Must have a clear understanding of the diverse nature of Harrow’s communities and the implications for services delivered to residents and service users
- Experience of operating powered plant and machinery
- Ability to deal effectively with customers and members of the public
- To be able to work flexibly in response to the service needs of a 24/7 business, including weekends, evenings and Bank Holidays
- To work outdoors in all weathers and lone working
For almost 60 years, Pertemps Recruitment Partnership have been the market leader in providing permanent and temporary staffing solutions and we are one of the most established players within the recruitment industry. The Sunday Times has listed us as one of the Best 100 Companies to work for 14 years running. We are not a big scary faceless company, quite the opposite: we strongly believe in the personal touch with everything we do. We are proud to be accredited ‘investor in people’ which is reflected across our business in length of service and career progression of our employees.
Harrow Council is the 12th largest London borough and one of the most culturally diverse local authorities in the UK, making it a great place to live, work and visit. Located 10 miles from the city centre and just 13 minutes to Euston from Harrow & Wealdstone station there are great transport links via the Metropolitan Line, Watford DC Line and national rail service. It is easily accessible to the M1, M25 and A406.
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with Cifas who will use it to prevent fraud, other unlawful or dishonest conduct, malpractice, and other seriously improper conduct. If any of these are detected, you could be refused certain services or employment. Your personal information will also be used to verify your identity. Further details of how your information will be used by us and Cifas, any your data protection rights, can be found by visiting www.cifas.org.uk/fpn
- Abidah Hamid
- [email protected]
- 02084 263880
- Division 465
- Pertemps Onsite Harrow
- Harrow Council
- PO Box 57
- Civic Centre
- Station Road
- HA1 2XY
- 0208 426 3880
The opportunities that we put here spontaneously are freely available to you.
We would like you to be part of the broadcast list so that you always stay on top of the new opportunities by whatsapp.
If you feel more comfortable we also make available from the telegram